Thursday 28 October 2010

Mai pensées!



4 mai 2010: Les 5 du Vin
Harrap’s Business Dictionnary contains both « bouncer » and « a bouncing cheque » as entries for chèque en bois, in addition to the expression “I hope this cheque won’t bounce”.

I always found this a useful little book when ... 18 years ago, I was learning the rudiments of finances and management at the Solvay Business School in Brussels. Together with Mein Kampf, The Book of Mormon and Maggie Thatcher’s biography, it used to be my bedside reading – pillow book if you prefer! But, then again, I ain’t gonna work for Maggie’s farm no more .... (courtesy of R. Zimmerman).
Commentaire n°3 posté par Luc Charlier le 04/05/2010 à 15h44 

 *

Ah, ah, ah, you got me ! I was caught ... red handed (quite logically so, taking the nature of my wines into account) in a state of stupidity, naive credulity and total absence of discernment.

It is indeed pouring down here, I would dare to say “Il pleut comme vache qui pisse” ... Pisse-Vieille and Pisse-Dru, naturally.

Christine, my lady-friend who promotes our goodies in southern France, had to cancel two appointments in Port-Leucate and on the sunny side of the Cévennes today, because of the wind gusts. “Il fait un vent à décorner les boeufs” sounds appropriate. Les Tertres-Roteboeufs, of course.
Commentaire n°5 posté par Luc Charlier le 04/05/2010 à 16h13

No comments:

Post a Comment